Friday, April 29, 2011

"Praise the LORD.  Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever."  Psalm 106:1

Since Nathan came home early from hospital this week, (due to a conference for the physio and doctors)  we decieded that may be he should write the next blog, so the following is written by Nate.

Well its been two weeks since starting inpatient rehab (but only 7 days due to holidays) and I have to admit that after the first very frustrating day progress has been remarkable.  They have not only taught me to walk in the paralell bars but have graduated me to walking with two canes , then one , then none!  They have also been teaching me how to tackle things like curbs, stairs, and uneven and soft surfaces as well as how to stand again after a fall.  This weekend they allowed me to take the leg home - I had to promise them I would use two canes when I am walking.  Walking with a prostetic requires an incredible amount of energy and after walking only a short distance I find myself getting tired very quickly.  Its going  to take a long time to build up endurance but with much patience and prayer the Lord willing I will be able to walk well again.  In the days ahead they will teach me to master walking without the aid of canes because as of now they are simply wobbly baby steps, then move on to learn how to carry objects and walk - but all in due time!

Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  May our Heavenly Father bless each of you as He has so richly blessed us.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing Nate! It's great to hear about such exciting progress! We'll pray that God will continue to bless your and the doctor's efforts!!
    Alisha Blokker (and family)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We are just amazed at the progress taking place. Keep your positive attitude Nathan and it'll carry you far!
    Lots of love from Uncle Pete & Auntie Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to hear you are doing so well with your new leg keep up the good work

    Wes Monica Kenzi Hofsink

    ReplyDelete